The Masters program is geared toward rowers who have participated in the Recreational program or have previous rowing experience. This program requires a commitment to 3 training sessions per week, and is divided into three levels.
- Level 1 – trains 3x/week, this group introduces athletes to the competitive side of rowing, with emphasis on skill development.
- Level 2 – trains 3-6x/week, after completing a minimum of one season in Level 1 an athlete may progress to Level 2, this group compunds on skills developed and introduces higher training volume and commitment.
- Level 3 – trains 6-10x/week, only athletes with Coach approval may train in the Level 3 group, this group is geared towards athletes that want to take their competitive rowing to the next level!
From April through October, training will be outside on the Credit River in Mississauga. During the winter months, training is conducted indoors at the rowing club. The Senior program attends numerous regattas (races) throughout the year:
- Summer: Canada Day Regatta, Tony Biernacki Regatta, CORA Regattas, RowOntario Masters Championships, Royal Canadian Henley
- Fall: Head of the Welland, Head of the Trent, Head of the Fish, Head of the Charles
- Winter: Canadian Indoor Rowing Championships
The Masters program also holds an optional “Spring Training Camp” during March break to help refresh rowing skills and fitness at the start of the Spring season, and to provide a much-needed break from the cold Canadian weather. Past training camps have been held in Arizona, Texas and Mexico.