Friends of Don Rowing Club
What is Our Purpose?
- to provide for the advancement, promotion and support of rowers at the Don Rowing Club, so that they can continue to develop and excel at rowing
- to foster camaraderie between present and past members of the Don Rowing Club
What Are Our Goals?
- to subsidize training camps and travel expenses for rowing events
- to purchase equipment
- to acknowledge the accomplishments of DRC rowers
- to support the international exchange of rowers
The initial focus is to support members of the Junior and High School programs For a story and photos of the Junior 4 rowing experience with our sister club, the Hansa Dortmund in Germany, be sure to check out the August 2003 Half Stroke.
Why are we focusing on the Junior and High School program initially?
Today’s junior rowers are tomorrow’s leaders, and rowing is a fantastic, character-building sport! The DRC is the home base for a talented group of top-notch rowers, many of whom also excel at work, study, arts and other sports. The DRC and its coaches play a major role in the growth and development of these impressive all-round kids!
How Can You Help?
- share your resources: financial support is always welcome
- share your enthusiasm: come and support the Club at regattas
- share your rowing experience — either informally at a training session, or at more formal events
Contact us if you’d like to take part in planning and running special events with the Friends!
To become a member of the Friends, please send a cheque for $40, payable to the Friends of the Don Rowing Club Assoc: Mailing Address:
Friends of the Don Rowing Club Assoc
PO Box 45101
81 Lakeshore Rd. E
MISSISSAUGA, ON L5G 4S7.